Success is not rocket science – the difference between successful people and unsuccessful people in any field is simply down to their beliefs and state of mind. Fortunately there have been 1000s of highly successful people in our lifetime, which have been highly documented. One of them being Winston Churchill, the war-time primeminister of Britain. He had a unique look at the world – one full of optimism, drive, passion, and action.
Take what you can from the quotes below, gain a glimpse into the mind of a great leader, see how you are different, and see how you can change and succeed in life…
- A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
- Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
- A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject.
- All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
- Continuous effort – not strength or intelligence – is the key to unlocking our potential.
- Battles are won by slaughter and maneuver. The greater the general, the more he contributes in maneuver, the less he demands in slaughter.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
- Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities… because it is the quality which guarantees all others.
- Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.
- I am certainly not one of those who need to be prodded. In fact, if anything, I am the prod.
- I never worry about action, but only about inaction.
- I’m just preparing my impromptu remarks.
- If the human race wishes to have a prolonged and indefinite period of material prosperity, they have only got to behave in a peaceful and helpful way toward one another.
- Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.
- Difficulties mastered are opportunities won.
- If you are going through hell, keep going.
- In the course of my life, I have often had to eat my words, and I must confess that I have always found it a wholesome diet.
- If we open a quarrel between past and present, we shall find that we have lost the future.
- I am easily satisfied with the very best.
- I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat.
- No crime is so great as daring to excel.
- Never, never, never give up.
- History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
- History is written by the victors.
- I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.
Above all Churchill enjoyed life, and had a great sense of humor, ill leave you with one of his most famous quotes:
Lady Astor: “You Sir, are a drunk!”
Winston Churchill: “I may be drunk Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”